Snapchat is one of the popular social media platforms for sharing photos, videos, and spending time. Its amazing features and photo video sharing make it so addicted that it becomes very hard to stay without Snapchat. If you are addicted to using Snapchat then you might be wondering how to delete Snapchat account.
There are different ways you can get rid of Snapchat like deactivating your Snapchat, account or deleting the app from the phone. If none of the options works well or if you have something different problem then don’t worry. It is very easy to delete a Snapchat account. In this article, we will discuss the step-wise process to delete Snapchat account.
How to Delete Snapchat Account?
Deleting the Snapchat account is not that hard as you think you can easily do that from your phone or from the laptop. But, you need to make sure that you have your username and password. Else you would need to reset your password then only you can do so. In the below step we are going to discuss how to delete a Snapchat account:
- First of all open you Snapchat account from the Snapchat application.
- Then, login to your account with your username and password for which you want to delete your account.
- After you login enter the OTP password sent onto your phone. This will make sure that no second person is login beside you permission.
- Now, you will be redirected on your homepage of Snapchat account.
- After this go to the setting option on your Snapchat account. Here you will see. If you don’t find setting option click on your avatar you will see different option to manage your account.
- Scroll down a bit and there you will see I need help option tap on.
- On I need help section click on the search box and search Delete my account.
- Now a new page will appear regarding the information about the delete the account. There you will see account portal click on it.
- In the next page you need to fill your user name on the password box to agree that you are okay with account deletion.
The above steps have explained the detailed process to delete the Snapchat account permanently from the platform. If you have any trouble while deletion of account from your phone then you can see the desktop tutorial to delete snap chat account.
How to Delete Snapchat Account on Desktop?
Unlike the above methods deleting a Snapchat account using a desktop is more simple and straightforward. If the above step didn’t work fine on your device then you can try this method on your laptop or computer.
- First of all open your web browser on your laptop and then Search Snapchat onto it.
- After this a whole bunch of result will appear into the browser click on the original website.
- Now, Login to your account with your username and password and OTP in some case.
- After you login to your account click on the My account and Security.
- On the My account and Security option there you will see a button to delete my account.
- Click on the Delete my account button and click on Account portal button with blue highlight.
- Here you are required to fill you user name and password and you will be agree deleting your Snapchat account after this process. After providing username and password click on the continue button.
This is how you can delete your Snapchat account on your desktop. It is far more easily compared to Android and IOS. Make sure to follow the above step properly then only you can delete your account properly from Snapchat.
I hope that now you can delete Snapchat account easily from any device either it is desktop or android. You can follow any of the methods according to your devices it will work fine on both of the devices.
Besides this, make sure that once you delete the account it will take a while to permanently delete your account from the platform. Snapchat will take around 30 days to delete your account from their platform. Before, this you can even recover your account from being deleted as well.